One of the main reasons behind Amazon’s success is their laser-focus on their customer-base, and its well-being. Amazon provides various facilities and features to its customers, which empower them to have the best-possible online shopping experience, and in return all those customers become loyal to Amazon. One such customer-centric feature is the Buyer/Seller Messaging service. Get answer of the question stated as how to check buyer seller messages on Amazon in details below.
What is Buyer/Seller Messaging Service on Amazon
Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging Service allows buyers and sellers on Amazon to interact with one another about certain orders or goods. Buyers mainly use this service to register their complaints and grievances about the product(s) they bought from that particular seller, and sellers must address those complaints to keep a good profile with Amazon. All Amazon sellers have access to this feature, which enables them to contact customers through email or their Amazon Seller Central account.
The Buyer-Seller Messaging Service may be used for a number of purposes, such as processing returns or refunds, addressing shipment or delivery problems, updating customers on their orders, and responding to consumer enquiries. Also, sellers may utilize the messaging feature to request product evaluations or solicit feedback from customers.
Amazon has specific guidelines for using the messaging service, and sellers must comply with these guidelines to ensure that their communications are appropriate and professional. For example, sellers are not allowed to use the messaging service to send unsolicited marketing messages or to offer incentives for positive reviews. Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging Service is an important tool for sellers to communicate with their customers and provide a positive shopping experience on the platform.
How to Access Buyer/Seller Messaging Service
Buyer/Seller Messaging Service is accessed through the Amazon Seller Central. Simply follow these steps:
- Log onto your Seller Central account.
- Click on the ‘Buyer Messages’ button. It will display the markets you’re operating in, and any messages received from a customer.
- Now click on the ‘messages’ option in the top-right corner.
- The next page displays all the messaging options available. Click on the drop-down menu next to ‘Messages’, and select ‘All Messages’ to view every message you have received.
- There are also other options to sort out the messages in the menu, so make sure to explore them as well.
- Once you select and view a message, the options to respond to that message can be viewed at the bottom of the text screen. You can choose to reply to the message, attach a file, archive the message, mark it as important, or even report the message to Amazon if it is found to be inappropriate.
- On the right-hand side screen, you can view important information about that message, as well as further interaction options. This window contains valuable information such as the Purchase Date of the product whose customer sent you the message, as well as the shipping date, and the final delivery date when the product reached the customer’s doorstep.
Click on ‘id’ to find out which particular customer has sent the message.
- The next screen shows the id of the customer who has been communicating with you, alongside all details such as the order summary, shipping destination, order content, price, sales proceeds etc. You can also leave a comment in the ‘Seller Notes’ if you want to.
- Now let’s get back to the message viewing screen, and click on the ‘Customer Service Dashboard’ option.
- The next screen rates your customer services experiences, based on your interactions with the customers through the Buyer/Seller messaging service.
This rating is based on three different criteria:
a. CS Rating (Customer Service Rating)
Represents how good of a service you have provided to your customer after their complaint through the Buyer/Seller Messaging service.
b. Avg. Response Time
Shows the average time you take to respond to customer queries.
c. First Contact Resolution Rate
Tells how many times you have been able to successfully address customer complaints on the first attempt.
These options show how important Buyer/Seller Messaging service is to establish a healthy interaction between the two parties, and address customer’s complaints.
Advantages of Buyer/Seller Messaging Service
Buyer/Seller Messaging provides many advantages to both buyer and the sellers. Let us take a look into some of them.
i. Efficient Communication
This messaging service enables buyers and sellers to communicate efficiently and quickly. This helps in resolving any issues or queries that buyers may have and can lead to quicker and more satisfactory resolutions.
ii. Increased Customer Satisfaction
The messaging service allows sellers to respond to customer inquiries and concerns quickly, leading to higher customer satisfaction levels.
iii. Enhanced Customer Experience
With the messaging service, buyers can receive personalized, real-time assistance, which enhances their overall experience and leads to repeat business.
iv. Improved Transparency
Both buyers and sellers can keep track of their communication history, which provides transparency and reduces the likelihood of miscommunication.
v. Reduced Workload
The messaging service enables sellers to automate responses to common queries, saving time and reducing workload.
vi. Increased Seller Feedback
Sellers can use the messaging service to request feedback from buyers, which can help them improve their performance and reputation on the platform.
vii. Enhanced Seller Reputation
Effective communication through the messaging service can lead to positive reviews and ratings, which can enhance a seller’s reputation on the platform.
viii. Reduced Dispute Resolution Time
By enabling quick communication between buyers and sellers, the messaging service can help resolve disputes more efficiently, reducing resolution time and associated costs.
ix. Increased Trust
The messaging service enables buyers and sellers to communicate directly, building trust and fostering long-term relationships.
x. Improved Product Development
Sellers can use feedback from the messaging service to improve their products, leading to better customer satisfaction and higher sales in the long run.
Amazon’s Buyer/Seller Messaging service is an essential tool for both buyers and sellers on the platform. This feature provides a platform for efficient communication and resolution of issues, leading to increased customer satisfaction, enhanced customer experience, and trust between the two parties. Additionally, the messaging service enables sellers to improve their reputation and enhance their product development by soliciting feedback and responding to queries quickly.
With specific guidelines for using this feature, Amazon ensures that all communication is appropriate and professional, promoting a healthy interaction between buyers and sellers. The messaging service’s advantages include reduced workload for sellers, increased seller feedback, improved transparency, reduced dispute resolution time, and increased trust.
Amazon’s dedication to customer satisfaction through features like the Buyer/Seller Messaging service has been a significant factor in their success, and it is an invaluable tool for any seller looking to establish a successful business on the platform.
Question 1: Where is Amazon Buyer/Seller Messaging service?
Amazon Buyer/Seller Messaging service can only be accessed through the Amazon Seller Central account. After logging on to your ASC account, you can view customer messages through the ‘messages’ option at the top-right corner.
Question 2: Does buyer/seller messaging affect seller?
Yes. Buyer/seller messaging service is judged by Amazon based on three criteria as CS Rating, Average Response Time and First Contact Resolution Rate. Amazon judges a seller’s performance through these matrices, and uses the input to determine whether the seller is a good seller or a bad seller.