Traditional trade between three North American nations (USA, Canada and Mexico) is huge, and keeps on expanding. Same is true for E-Commerce activities, as items listed on US marketplace have a significant demand in Mexico and Canada. But sellers have often struggled to cope with the specific restrictions involving each particular marketplace when selling items from US marketplace to the other two North American countries. For those sellers, Amazon introduced the Remote Selling Program.
What is Amazon Remote Fulfillment Program?
The Remote Fulfillment program is a solution provided by Amazon, that enables businesses to offer their FBA products stored inside US warehouses to customers in Canada and Mexico, without worrying about the need for storing inventory locally inside those two countries. This program is available to North American professional selling accounts, who are given access to a unified account that can be used to manage offers across all three countries. Through the use of a single interface, sellers can comfortably juggle between the three North American marketplaces through the seller central account home screen. This allows for efficient and convenient management of offers in all of those markets.
Eligibility Criteria for Amazon Remote Fulfillment
Some eligibility criteria must be met before you can successfully enroll in the Amazon Remote Fulfillment Program:
- You must be a professional seller registered for FBA in the US and the target marketplaces you wish to sell.
- You must have a North America Unified Account with FBA Export enabled.
- You must register for FBA in the target marketplaces where you want to sell.
- Your products must comply with the Amazon Remote Fulfillment Policies, as well as the regulations and laws of the target marketplaces.
- Not all items are eligible for Remote Fulfillment program. For this program, each item must be enabled the US, Canadian and Mexican marketplaces separately. Carefully check the eligibility status of each product before you try sending it to another marketplace through remote fulfilment. You also must have sufficient inventory in the designated FBA warehouses to fulfill your orders.
- You will be charged for Remote Fulfillment fees, as well as any applicable FBA fees.
- You will be responsible for providing customer service to your customers, including handling returns and refunds.
- You will be responsible for the shipping costs from the designated FBA warehouse to the customer’s address.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that the products are delivered to the customer on time and in good condition.
- You must maintain good performance metrics, including order defect rate, late shipment rate, and cancellation rate, to continue using Remote Fulfillment with FBA.
Benefits of Amazon Remote Fulfillment Program
Many sellers wonder whether all the hassle with Remote is actually worth it or not. Here are some of the benefits of selling through this program.
Lesser Inventory Management
When you need to ship products to multiple destinations, it can become challenging to keep track of inventory levels across all of your different locations. This is especially true if you have many different combinations of SKUs and destinations.
Because the Remote Fulfillment Program allow you to keep inventory in US storehouses and send them away to the other markets, you are free from the burden of storing inventory locally in those marketplaces. Also, you can keep track of all of your products and inventory levels from the same unified interface, across all of your different locations. This can help you avoid inventory management issues that typically arise when dealing with multiple marketplaces.
Saving Time and Resources
Shipping products internationally can be costly, especially when you are dealing with multiple destinations. By using Remote Fulfillment with FBA, you can consolidate your inventory in FBA warehouses in the US, rather than shipping to separate FBA warehouses in Canada and Mexico. This can lead to reduced shipping costs, as well as lower storage fees.
Another benefit of using Remote Fulfillment with FBA is that you may potentially need to order less inventory. If you are currently ordering inventory to be sent to FBA warehouses in multiple countries, consolidating your inventory in the US can help you optimize your inventory management process. This can free up cash that can be used for other business opportunities, such as product development, marketing, or expansion.
In addition, using Remote Fulfillment with FBA can help simplify your operations by reducing the number of shipments and logistics involved. This can make it easier to manage your inventory and fulfill orders, allowing you to focus on growing your business.
Remote Fulfillment with FBA can help you streamline your operations and reduce costs, making it an attractive option for sellers looking to expand their business across North America. By consolidating your inventory in FBA warehouses in the US, you can save money on shipping and storage fees, potentially order less inventory, and free up resources to focus on other aspects of your business.
The Amazon Remote Fulfillment Program provides an easy solution for businesses to offer their products stored in US warehouses to customers in Canada and Mexico. The program streamlines operations, reduces inventory management, saves time and resources, and makes it simpler for businesses to manage their inventory and fulfill orders. With a simplified enrollment process, the Amazon Remote Fulfillment Program offers several benefits to businesses, making it an attractive option to consider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is Amazon Remote Fulfillment program?
Amazon Remote Fulfillment program is Amazon’s attempt to facilitate US-based sellers to easily sell their products into the Canadian and Mexican marketplaces, by allowing to store their products in US warehouses, and sell them across the border to the other two North American neighbors.
Question 2: What is the biggest disadvantage of Amazon Remote Fulfillment program?
Unfavorable exchange rates. Exchange rates of other countries’ native national currencies against the US Dollar are the biggest hindrance to the sellers looking to earn a profit by takin advantage of this program.
Question 3: Are all products eligible for Amazon Remote Selling?
No. For a product to be eligible for remote selling program, it has to be enabled in all three North American marketplaces (US, Canada and Mexico) separately.